Tuesday, December 7, 2010

His Body




As I was having my devotions the other day, I came across these words from St. Theresa of Avila:

"Christ has
No body now on earth but yours;
No hands but yours;
No feet but your yours;
Yours are the eyes
Through which is to look out 
Christ's compassion to the world;
Yours are the feet
With which he is to go about 
Doing good;
Yours are the hands
With which he is to bless now."

What a powerful picture of what it means for us to truly be the body of Christ. This challenges me to see all that I do as a testimony of my Lord Jesus Christ. How might we change the way we live if we really thought that we were the only representatives of Christ here on earth to the people with whom we come in contact? If I was the one and only display of Jesus to someone, how might I be more intentional about the way I live? We have all been given quite a responsibility as Christ's body.

However, we are inadequate. I am reminded of my inadequacy pretty much everyday. I realize that I can't do this. There's no way I can be here in Croatia attempting to represent the Savior of the world- Who am I?...But God reassures me. He reminds me to recognize my inadequacy as an opportunity to lean all the more on Him, to trust Him in everything. He reminds me that it is through my weakness that He displays His strength.

I thank God for allowing me to be part of this journey and I continually ask Him to better equip me to be His hands and feet in a world that is hurting to know Him more. 

Thank you for following along with us and for every prayer that you have lifted up. We so much appreciate all your love and support. 

May we all seek to discover the ways in which our Father can use us to be His love, wherever in the world we may be. 

Blessings,
Brittany


No comments:

Post a Comment